Sunday, August 21, 2011

my very first blog EVER!!!! and my very first time leading music at my church!!!!!

So this is obviously my first blog, so it will probably be terrible. Yesterday, I made a deal with my daddy that I would lead the music at church if I didn't have to do something he told me to do. Now, my church still sings out of the hymnals so I pulled out an old red-back hymnal and started going through the songs. I found a lot of really good ones that I would have loved to do, but we would have sung at least ten songs total. I had to narrow it down to three. That was hard. Then, I started to doubt my ability to actually lead the worship. This, of course, is not the first time that has happened to me and probably will not be the last. I was in desperate need of someone to talk to about all of this but it was really late so I just talked to God. Well, the morning came and I led the worship at church and everyone said I did good and they were proud of me. I suppose the moral of this story is that I know how to make watergate salad (my favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment